- Why should I get involved with DIGDEEP?
- I have a media / press request.
- Why isn’t DIGDEEP on Guidestar or Charity Navigator?
- Is DIGDEEP against water privatization?
- Does DIGDEEP receive US Government funding?
- Does DIGDEEP have a political or religious affiliation?
- How is DIGEEEP funded?
- Does DIGDEEP maintain close relationships with any business or corporation?
- Is DIGDEEP a tax exempt charitable organization?
- Where does DIGDEEP work?
- How does DIGDEEP measure impact?
- Who makes decisions for DIGDEEP?
- What is DIGDEEP’s Vision
- What does DIGDEEP do, exactly?
- Can I control how and when you communicate with me?
- Will you sell my name and contact information to anyone else?
- Who takes your photos and videos?
- Who made your website?
- How does digdeepwater.org collect and use my personal information?
- Can I repost, tweak, edit or share content from digdeep.org?
- I found a broken link. What should I do?
DONATING TO DIGDEEP
- Does DIGDEEP accept in-kind donations of goods or services?
- Are there sponsorship opportunities available for events or other projects in the US?
- I live outside of the US. Is my donation tax exempt?
- Where is my tax receipt?
- What is the difference between a program expense and an operational expense?
- How does the 100% model work?
- Is my donation to DIGDEEP tax-deductible?
- Can I sponsor an entire water project in someone’s memory?
- Can I give anonymously?
- Can I donate to honor another person?
- Can I make my donation a gift in someone else’s name?
- Who processes my online donation? Is it secure?
- I work at this really cool place and I think they would love this. How do I get my office involved?
- What is DIGDEEP’s address?
- How do I know when and how my donation was used?
- I make recurring gifts to DIGDEEP. How can I cancel my gift or change my credit card?
- How do I donate to DIGDEEP?
- There are so many “water charities” out there, why should I donate to DIGDEEP?
- I know of a school, clinic or community in need. Can I direct my donation there?
EDUCATION & AWARENESS PROJECTS
- I am a teacher. Do you have resources to help me in my classroom?
- How can I involve my school in your education work?
- What’s one simple way to change the way I think about water myself?
- Why does DIGDEEP also plan education and awareness projects?
- What kind of Education and Awareness projects does DIGDEEP plan?
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO WATER
- How can the human right to water change things for people living in water poverty?
- How does sanitation factor into the human right to water?
- What is sanitation? What is hygiene? Is there a difference?
- Does the human right to water require that water be provided for free?
- Should water access be the same for everyone? Is everyone entitled to sinks and flush toilets?
- How much water does the human right protect? Is there enough water in the world to protect this right for everyone?
- Where does the “human right to water” concept come from?
- How does DIGDEEP take a Human Rights-Based Approach in its projects?
- What is a Human Rights-Based Approach to development?
- What is a human right? What is the human right to water?
VOLUNTEER AND INTERN INFORMATION
WATER ACCESS PROJECTS
- How does DIGDEEP deal with corruption?
- Some of your projects are in dangerous or war-torn areas. How do you secure your staff and financial resources?
- I heard that DIGDEEP’s access projects sometimes serve criminals and prisoners. Is this true?
- How long does a DIGDEEP water project last?
- Who owns a water project once it’s completed?
- Who supplies the material for DIGDEEP’s water projects?
- How does DIGDEEP choose a project or location?
- How does DIGDEEP select a partner organization?
- Does DIGDEEP build the projects it funds?
- What goes into a water project exactly?
- How much does a well cost?
- When is water considered “clean”?
- Who typically benefits from a DIGDEEP water project?